Few truer words have ever been spoken than the great African proverb, “It takes a village to raise a child”. For generations, mothers and grandmothers have been passing down expertise to their daughters. Friends are there to lend a helping hand, neighbours join forces to support each other in times of need, community groups enrich the lives of children, and elders teach future generations.
This notion of communities supporting each other is one that also extends to the handmade and small business communities. A new generation of WAHMs have learned their skills from past generations; handcrafting products with love in their hearts. It’s all about mums supporting other mums… buying locally, celebrating independent design, and keeping traditional crafting techniques alive.
Today’s promotion (day one), “It takes a village…” is a celebration of ten local designers who have embraced the community spirit to create exquisitely designed and crafted, organic, fairtrade and/or sustainable products… and in the spirit of sharing, we’re giving the whole lot away to one lucky reader!
CLICK ON THE PICTURE TO VISIT THE STORE.
Would you like to win ALL of the scrumptious products featured above? To enter the giveaway, submit your entry through the Rafflecopter widget below. There’s 12 chances to win (one for each question, or Facebook page “LIKE”). Entries close 31 October, 2012. *Note: colour or pattern of prize may differ slightly from photo. Entry open to Australian and NZ.
Don’t forget to enter day two of our “It takes a village…” promotion.
Full prize details
- Olive Pouch Baby Carrier / Sling by Earthslings
- Organic Baby Skincare Travel Pack by Little Innoscents
- Handmade Leather Shoes (winners choice) by All About Heidi
- Touch the Sky Art Print by Sweet William
- Dr Seuss Modern Cloth Nappy by Eat My Feet
- Hand Crocheted Teddy Bear by Cuddle Corner
- Asanoha Trim Kimono Dress and Nappy Pants by Cheeky Britches
- Nappy Case, Wipes, Towels + Washers Set from Piggledee
- Handmade Birdie Taggie Toy by Ernie & Bird
- Little Tackers Baby Journal by Leaf