Regular readers of KID independent will know how much we adore bamboo fabrics… So for today’s KID tested review, we’ve decided to share the Cheeky Britches baby bedding range. There are five gorgeous colours in the collection: oyster, sapphire pink, asanoha cloud, watermelon… and our favourite, spearmint!
In review today is the Cheeky Britches spearmint bassinet set, which includes a bamboo top sheet and an organic cotton lattice print fitted sheet (as pictured above).
There’s so much to adore about this sweet little set. Firstly, we love that it is made from bamboo and organic cotton, which makes it gentle on skin and breathable (which is so essential in a crib). Secondly, the top sheet has just the right amount of stretch to make the perfect swaddle and it’s so supremely soft and silky that you’ll wish your whole world was made from bamboo. Lastly, the colours are simply gorgeous! I’m obsessed with Cheeky Britches spearmint, as it’s so lovely for gifting and is perfectly unisex.
Cheeky Britches bassinet sets retail for $59.95 (with free delivery) or you can buy the bunny rug/swaddle separately for $32.95.
The verdict… Exceptional quality with modern, eco-friendly styling.
Before I go today, I wanted to share a snap shot of the Cheeky Britches AW14 collection along with a sneaky peek into the creative minds behind the label, Lucy, Giorgia and Bex.
- Every garment is made while our babies sleep
- Giorgia and Lucy have known each other since they were 12 years old
- All of our products are tested on our own kids prior to release
- We draw inspiration from countries we love and then feature with a collection
- Lucy speaks Spanish
- Giorgia also makes wedding dresses
- Our assistant, Bex, is from the UK and just got her permanent resident visa
- We support ethical manufacturing processes
- All of our fabrics are natural and organic fibre fabrics
- All Cheeky decisions are made over a glass of wine and a meal cooked by somebody else.